Monday, February 25, 2008

thought on yarn stash; black bean soup was great

I made the black bean soup tonight and it was really good. My husband is fairly picky when it comes to food, and he liked it. I thought maybe my black beans were a little old because I can't recall the last time that I bought dried black beans. But it was good. I imagine it would be even better with fresher dried black beans.

Today I went through some of my last balls and skeins of acrylic yarn. I have a wee bit of a dilemma. I just want to get rid of it, but I can't figure out whether I should make a scrap-ghan, or if I should organize it and donate it to a lady in a convalescent home who wants to start crocheting again. If I were to give her some yarn, I know it would bless her. But I am not sure how much yarn she can store in her room. I bet her room is small, and she probably shares it with at least one other tenant. Perhaps I could get together a few balls of different colors just to give her something to play with.

I just had a thought. Perhaps I will start teaching a crochet or knitting class at the convalescent home. In that case, it would be smart to divide up the yarn in to various medium sized balls. Then I would have plenty to share with a few different ladies. I guess that is what I will work on tomorrow. I will break up some of the larger balls and skeins in to smaller balls. Then I will make some grab bags of yarn and needles. I bought a ton of needles on sale at JoAnn's last year. They are all kinds of odd sizes but I don't think that matters when people are learning, just as long as they are not too small.

No comments: