Thursday, February 14, 2008

a rare treat for V-Day; Linzer Hearts

My husband surprised me last night when he came home from work. He knocked on the door until I opened it. I thought that was odd because he has a key, but then I wondered if maybe he had misplaced his housekey. So when I opened the door, he was standing there holding a bouquet of roses and a box of chocolates. I was so happy! Even better than flowers and chocolate was the fact that he picked out a romantic Valentine's Day card for me and wrote a nice, loving message to me in it. He really surprised me because normally, we don't do anything for each other for V-day or even on holidays.

I made him spaghetti this morning, and I mixed some dough for sugar cookies...if I can get around to rolling it out. I have some heart-shaped cookie cutters that I bought recently. I originally wanted to make Linzer hearts but I didn't get the nuts so I changed my plans. Maybe I will still make them. Look at these beautiful cookies!!!!

No comments: