Saturday, February 16, 2008

granada hillbilly

I've decided to do a week of the hillbilly housewife $45 food plan. It's a lot of work since you bake your own bread and make many things from scratch, such as beans. There is no meat in the diet which is fine by me. My husband might be in shock, but I think he'll understand that it is an experiment to see if we can get by on a really cheap diet. There might come a time in the future when this will come in handy. Another great depression in the U.S.? Nuclear holocaust? Obama-nation? Retirement with very little income? Children abandon us to live on $45 a week in a studio apartment in Panorama City? There are so many possibilities. It is also just kinda neat to not waste money. We could save money and use it for something smarter. I am rather tired of throwing money away with all the take-out we get, the food that I end up not using so I have bags of spoiled food to throw out, etc.

There is only one problem with the hillbilly diet. Some of the food is kinda strange because I am not accustomed to southern food. I'd also rather use fresh greens. But the point is to learn some survival skills. So I think I'll stick to the menu precisely.

http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/40dollarmenu.htm

No comments: