Wednesday, February 27, 2008

back in the saddle again!!!

I am finally feeling better. My most recent illness (a head cold) is finally going away. I'm still sick, but yesterday and the day before were the most severe days. So in comparison, today I feel faboo. So tonight I was able to get my dishes all done, clean and sanitize the sink and counter, and pick up all the mess in the front room. I have hope that tomorrow, because I got the basics done already, I will be able to make progress on the deeper cleaning that needs to be done. I hope to also start implementing step #2 of the flylady babysteps. All I feel I have done so far is DAY 1: Shine your sink.

My friend is about ready to have her baby. It's kinda exciting, although I am sad that she is so far away. She is in the military and she is in Kansas right now (Fort Riley).

My husband is due home very soon. I believe that he is bringing me chocolate. So I have a feeling of impending yumminess.

I got my daughter to bed in a very pleasant way. We read books and then I held her and sang rockabye baby. Usually she is not very cooperative when it is bed time because she fights sleep so much. But she was a good girl tonight. Perhaps it helped that I engaged her in our nightly clean-up. She knows that mom isn't sick anymore and is back in the saddle!

I am stuck in limbo with my Christian Artisans craft-along. I am about ready to start something, but I can't make my mind up if I should make a knitted log cabin afghan or a crocheted vertical vintage strip afghan or a crocheted flower swag (for lack of better descriptive words) or a crocheted Caroline Ingalls shawl. Today, I went through my acrylic yarn stash which is basically a bunch of acrylic (various types, mainly RH Super Saver, Caron One Pound, and old vintage stuff that I inherited from my husband's mom). I wound a bunch of it in balls. I figure that I have so much of it that I can safely use some of it while still making some bags of yarn balls for teaching seniors to knit/crochet. I am going to call the convalescent home tomorrow to make sure that it is OK to bring in hooks/scissors/needles/yarn. I'm only going to be teaching one lady to start. Her name is Purita and she has diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis which at the moment is not flaring up. She has already lost one of her legs to diabetes, from the knee down. And her eyesight is not that good, but she can still see fairly good. She is a very sweet lady who has been unable to crochet for quite a while because, she says, that the last home she lived in told her that she couldn't have any hooks. So weird. I wonder if it was a misunderstanding.

No comments: