Sunday, February 24, 2008

more-with-less cookbook; recipes

I just heard of an interesting book called "More-With-Less Cookbook" by Doris Janzen Longacre, who wrote some frugal cooking and lifestyle books from a Mennonite perspective. I want to buy a couple of her books. My local libraries have only a copy of her book (in 3 different counties, each library system has only one copy) and they are all checked out. They must be good books to be so popular. There is a used cookbook shop right next door to my favorite Christian bookstore. Perhaps I could call over there and find out how much they charge for a used copy.

I'm seriously enjoying all the cooking lately. I made some yummy lentil soup yesterday and tomorrow I am making black bean soup. I also might try the no knead bread recipe that someone shared with me on ravelry recently.

I'm so tired but for some reason I can not sleep. I am going to go pray until I drift off to sleep.

2 comments:

jill said...

I borrowed the More with Less cookbook from our library via interlibrary loan and it is well worth the cost of purchasing! It even has laundry soap and kids play dough recipes in it. No fancy, not-in-the pantry ingredients for the most part and everything looks yummy. I think every cook should have a copy.

Jill (JACTTD on Ravelry)

Susan K. in California said...

Hi Jill! Thanks so much for letting me know. I might have to locate some used copies and pick one up for myself and a good friend who is having a baby. It would help her economize a little. And she loves the same kind of food as me (from scratch, beans are good, etc.)