Monday, February 25, 2008

ravelry is so much fun!

You know, after I first joined ravelry, I was thinking of quitting because I noticed a couple discussions that really disturbed me. But I realized that when it comes to online communities, you can choose what to focus on. So then I just looked for good discussions and explored all the patterns and projects. Now I am loving it. I don't expect people to stop being people. But there are some really interesting folks who sometimes have interesting things to say. I am also in awe of how much beautiful knitting and crochet is happening out there. I have only been looking at my own work, which half the time is very disappointing to me due to limitations on how much I can spend on yarn (and my own laziness of not learning new techniques and avoiding hard patterns). So it's been really cool. And I hope that the goodness continues to outweigh the badness.

Update on my blasted teeth: I had the crowns put on and I am in much less pain than I was. Only time will tell if the pain goes away completely. I have to rinse with chlorhexidine mouthwash. That's gonna be scary. I bet it tastes like gasoline or something.

No comments: