Tuesday, February 19, 2008

beanbags found a good home!

This past Sunday, I visited at my cousins house and it was so wonderful. The fellowship we enjoyed was the sweetest and most refreshing you can imagine. Her husband is such an incredible man of God. My definition of an incredible man of God is to be Christ-like in humility and kindness. He amazed me with how deferential he can be to the least little person, such as a child, or me for example! I often feel like as a woman, I get overlooked or ignored when in the company of brothers at church. It's hard to put my finger on, but I just feel like people in general don't enjoy my company or just don't have the time to really talk and listen to me. But he was so nice. My cousin is as lucky in love as I am, because my husband is also really amazing like that.

Anyhow, I wanted to mention that I gave her kids three bean bags, and these kids are so unspoiled and nice, they really really liked them and were playing toss games and the older boy was showing us how he can juggle (he can't really juggle, but he pretends!) My cousin homeschools, and I can only attribute her kids sweetness and innocence to that. What other kids would like home-made beanbags? I mean, they are so simple. I was gratified to have made them. They found a home where they will be appreciated. Dumb little beanbags though they are!

4 comments:

Debby said...

I think bean bags are great toys. Seems my kids when they were little, and now my grandmunchkins, enjoy simpler toys rather than the fancy dancy ones you can buy. Great job!

Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Hi Susan, its just me Cary from the Christian Artisans group...I really enjoyed visiting your blog this morning ;D

Have a great day!

Susan K. in California said...

Wow guys! Thanks for the cool comments! Yay! You made me feel good. Ya can hear the crickets chirping around here on most days. ;-))

Susan K. in California said...

Wow guys! Thanks for the cool comments! Yay! You made me feel good. Ya can hear the crickets chirping around here on most days. ;-))