Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sick today, and a Project-Along

I seem to have a cold which I am distressed about. I hate getting sick and it always seems to happen at the most inconvenient times. I had so much fun yesterday and I feel this strong urge to get out and have more interesting experiences. I have been so reclusive for so long. But my health is telling me to slow down and be content to just take care of my family. I need to spend some time in prayer. There are so many people who are hurting or seem to need help. I will pray today and be glad for the kindness that the Lord has shown me in so many ways.

I am going to participate in a "Project-along" with some people on a mailing list called "Christian Artisans". That should be fun. The purpose is to make something for yourself. I never make anything for myself because everyone always wants everything I make. I will have to think about what to make. I was going to work on my afghan for this, but then I remembered that I am making it for my husband. There really isn't anything that I want that is crocheted or knitted. I kinda want to make some crocheted flowers to make something decorative to hang over the doorway to my kitchen. Perhaps I should work on this and figure out how to make it work. (I think I might need to use wire to keep the flowers and vines oriented the way I want?)

I guess this is a good enough idea. I don't need a scarf, hat, shawl, or anything else. I don't really know how to make a sweater, nor do i have the money. But scrap yarn is readily available to make flowers. So that will be the plan. For now, I guess!

No comments: