Wednesday, January 9, 2008

knitting, old projects, new plans, knitlist ring

I've been joining some online knitting and crocheting groups. I thought it might give me a little push towards growing and learning more techniques. I really want to make something substantial soon. Usually I make scarves or small items and give them away as gifts. This past Christmas, I knitted a really beautiful shawl (The Comfort Shawl) and 2 pairs of fingerless gloves (Dashing). Those projects gave me a taste for pushing my comfort level (the shawl took a long time to knit and the gloves required DPN's which are awkward to use). Right now, I'm browsing through crochet and knitting books that I bought for myself for Christmas. I feel really inspired. But now I have to make a decision and commit to one project!

I'm also gathering up all my old yarn and knit/crochet notions. I'm going to be ruthless and get rid of a fair amount of yarn. Then I will organize my notions better so that I can actually find the right item when I need it. My husband has been really pleased with the organizing I've done so far. I made a lot of progress on the mess in the bedroom. I think he'll respect my decision to get rid of some of my precious yarn (not-so-precious, actually!)

I'm going to join the knitlist ring! I hope I can figure out how to install the ring navigation button. I have a flickr account but I'm not sure if that's gonna work?

No comments: