Friday, January 4, 2008

New Year, No Hooks!

New Year's Eve and New Year's Day were spent visiting my family. It was great! What a lovely time we had. But I made a terrible mistake when I left to go home: I forgot my crafting bag which has all my crochet hooks and most of my knitting needles in it!!! What a ghastly thing to do. Because I now find myself in the new year, all jittery from lack of crocheting and knitting. Yesterday, I found myself wandering from room to room, mindlessly looking for something to work on. I found a Tunisian crochet hook and some old Red Heart Supersaver yarn in a garish teal color. So now I am doing a simple afghan stitch panel. I was not sure what I was making. It was just a big swatch of plain afghan stitch. But then I had a moment of inspiration. I remembered that you can cross-stitch on tunisian afghan stitch! So now I am going to find some goofy cross-stitch charts, such as for mushrooms and squirrels or something weird like that. Then I'll decorate the fabric. And I guess then I have to decide whether I am brave enough to send it to my friend who is having a baby. I was thinking I might tell her that it's a changing pad for when you want to change your baby when visiting someone (and you don't want your baby to pee on their sofa, or whatever surface you are laying the babe on.)



So much fun. I love making stuff!!! So this is my new blog for recording my zany ideas. I am calling it humble threads because I usually work with inexpensive yarn and make simple stuff.

No comments: