Monday, January 28, 2008

a fun day, first day of parenting class

Today was so much fun. I've got that happy and tired feeling. Feet are aching but my soul is satisfied. This morning I went to our very first mommy and me class. It was so neat. I just love it. How much fun to see your child having fun with other kids. Then this afternoon, a couple friends came over and we had a nice time together. One of them is a new Mary Kay "Independent Beauty Consultant" and so we did her very first Mary Kay party, just the 3 of us. That was different. I'm not used to fussing with my appearance with other people watching. We laughed a lot though so it was cool. I didn't buy anything although perhaps I should have. Instead I just let my friend get all the cool free stuff because she was the hostess.

Now I get to relax and crochet. I'm trying to finish a large, queen-sized afghan that I have been working on forever. It's taking more time than I thought.

I was able to stop at Michaels craft store today and purchase a set of Susan Bates crochet hooks. I decided that I just had to have them because I'm so tired of my Boye hooks snagging the yarn as I'm working stitches. I was having a big problem when working with pompadour yarn for some baby items. I also picked up a few skeins of RH Supersaver to put a fancy edging on my queen-sized afghan. And I also could not resist buying a set of heart-shaped cookie cutters. I want to make some cookies as gifts this Valentine's Day. Corny but sweet. I want to find a spicy gingerbread recipe or something unusual. Although I have a Williams Sonoma recipe for Raspberry Linzer Hearts which are really amazing looking cookies. Perhaps I will make them.

No comments: