Tuesday, January 15, 2008

crocheting for a new baby today

Today I am making the cutest little crocheted baby booties. They are the mary jane booties from Carolyn Christmas' "Crochet Precious Baby Booties" pattern booklet. I'm using Patons Brilliant yarn in the shade radiant red (although it seems like maybe that color is no longer being made?). It's a pretty color but now that I have time to look at it in the sunlight, it appears to be more of an orange undertone red, rather than a true ruby red. I wanted to use it because I thought it might look like Dorothy's sparkly red slippers. It's a little too orange-y. But it still looks super cute. I'm sure to finish them soon because the pattern works up so fast. Then I'll try to start making the crocheted items for the "Crochet Nappy Cake" I'm making. This is all for my sister-in-law's baby shower which should be sometime in the next few months. I haven't received an invitation yet so I really don't know how much time that I have. I bought 2 sacks of yarn yesterday. Cost almost $50 so far. I still have to buy diapers and small items to tuck in to the diapers for extra little surprises. If you would like to read more about how to make a diaper cake, you can google it!

It's a mad mad world. It really is. I can't even believe all the crazy things that have happened lately. Hmmm. Time to just pray and crochet.

No comments: