Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Now we are to dance!!!

Since today is an "I don't care" day, I thought I might talk about something completely meaningless in the grander scheme of life. What I am talking about is "casual gaming": PC games made by Popcap games (there are other companies too). I really like the games Zuma and Bejewelled 2, but so far, I have managed to avoid buying the games and just play the free versions online. My husband keeps a pretty tight reign on me when it comes to buying games and shopping online. But I think I am at the point where I want to buy Zuma. It's so addicting. I know I'll get frustrated with the higher levels. Perhaps it has been a blessing that I only play the free online mode, so that I just keep getting sent back to the beginning to play the lower levels again. I read some conversations online about Zuma that made me laugh because people get so heavily involved in this game to the point of feeling that their lives are being wasted by it. Here are a couple of the funnier comments (but I have a weird sense of humor):

Zuma addict said: "Does this game ever end. I have decided to go to a 1000 and if it doesn’t end, I am going to delete it from my computer…it’s the only way to return to my normal life…"

then later Zuma addict says: "now I am up to level 1603 with over a billion points and nothing….I said i would play to 1000 and then it was i will play to a billion points and now….i don’t know..i need to delete it!! IT seems to me to have no end!"

And that's all there is from Zuma addict. I wonder, is he/she still out there with all the little balls rolling around endlessly?

Perhaps they never heard:

"Excellent work, mighty frog one! You obtained your lawful place of the stars, at the side of the ancient ruler of the Zuma. In the future, as for me, you are known as our sibling. I will call you brother, and we control the outer space together! It is joyous news! Now we are to the dance!"

(Words from final screen of Zuma)

I should stay far far far away from Zuma. But I am seriously thinking of buying it from amazon. I think it's only like 10 dollars.

No comments: