Saturday, July 26, 2008

giant granny afghan; caroline ingalls shawl


giantgrannydetail
Originally uploaded by susanlikesrats
I finally posted pictures of my first completed project since starting ravelry. It's a super giant granny afghan, and I made it by crocheting 4 giant granny squares, then slip stitching them together and adding on a fancy edging. It was a stash buster, using up a lot of the acrylic yarns I had accumulated, plus many colors I had been given (2 different women donated their entire yarn stashes to me, comprised of acrylic yarn solely).

I wanted to mention that I am finally putting the tassels on my "Caroline Ingalls" shawl. It's not a perfect match to the shawl that the actress wore on the t.v. show, but it's inspired by it. And it makes me feel like a pioneer woman when I wear it. So that is what counts. I hope to be able to take some pictures soon. Maybe I'll dress up as a pioneer woman and have my husband take my picture with it on! (Note to self: Hair in bun, wear a stiff white shirt, throw on shawl, and remember to not say cheese or smile).

I still have to pre-shrink some fabric before I embark on my first sewing projects. Why am I paralyzed with nervousness? Why haven't I started sooner? I have all my necessary sewing doodads, plus my machine is out on my work table...

No comments: