Sunday, March 2, 2008

ravelry and remembering things I used to enjoy

One of the things I am enjoying about ravelry is the sense of community. I feel like I keep meeting old friends, yet these are people I just met. They have so many similar interests and "issues" (most are women, many are mothers, and a good number of them just like similiar things). It's really cool. I am remembering things I used to like but don't do much anymore. I want to resurrect these old parts of my personality. Such as: keeping a paper diary & writing letters & writing fiction & stuff like that. I miss that. I stopped most of all that either during college or immediately afterwards. I was an English major and by the time I finished, I had the desire to write completely destroyed in me. I didn't even want to read for pleasure anymore. I was just burned out, big time. I feel like a decade later I am finally ready to start again, and this time not for a grade or to get attention or to feel approved of or validated as a person. I just want to write for writing's sake.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing as I haven't seen you post for awhile. I hope everything is okay!